FROM THE OU:
WHAT IS THE STATUS OF OREO® SANDWICH COOKIES? DO THEY CONTAIN ACTUAL DAIRY INGREDIENTS?
At the present time the following Oreo® Sandwich Cookies do not contain dairy ingredients, although they are manufactured on dairy equipment:
· Original Oreo® Sandwich Cookies
· Oreo® Double Stuf Sandwich Cookies
· Oreo® Original Mega Stuf Sandwich Cookie
· Mini Original Oreo® Sandwich Cookies
· Chocolate Oreo® Sandwich Cookies
· Golden Oreo® Sandwich Cookies
· Triple Double Oreo® Sandwich Cookies
· Oreo® Thins Sandwich Cookies
· Oreo® Cinnamon Bun Sandwich Cookies
· Oreo® Lemon Sandwich Cookies
· Oreo® Mint Creme Sandwich Cookies
· Oreo® Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
· Oreo® Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
The equipment is not necessarily cleaned before the production of these cookies, and there may be a small amount of dairy residue present. Nonetheless, the dairy component would be minimal, and from a Halachic perspective, the dairy residue is nullified (botel bishishim) and of no consequence. The bottom line of all this is that these cookies may be consumed after meat and poultry, but not simultaneously.
Please bear in mind that the manufacturer may choose in the future to reformulate these products and add dairy ingredients. Since these products already bear OUD symbols, formulation changes may not be reflected in the OUD logo. As such, we recommend that consumers check regularly with our office to confirm the status of these items.
FROM THE OU: